After months of lockdown and a slow easing of restrictions, weddings are finally starting to take place across the UK, but what do the new rules mean for you if you are planning on getting married anytime soon?
Groups of more than six people from different households can’t meet up in England from 14 September – but wedding ceremonies and sit-down receptions are an exception, with up to 15 people allowed to attend at a “Covid-secure” venue.
Here is an overview of the rules:
1. Up to 15 people can attend a ‘covid-secure’ wedding. This means that any venue must provide social distancing measures and protection such as anti bacterial gel. The venue should record visitors’ details, in case they need to be traced
2. Ceremonies should be as short as possible which means focusing on the legalities rather than prayer readings, music etc.
3. Group singing should be avoided and instruments avoided where possible
4. The15 people that can attend a wedding includes the photographer, officiant, guests and anybody who is not a member of staff at the venue
5. Different households should stay at least one metre apart.
6. Hands should be washed before and after handling the rings. The rings should be handled by as few people as possible.
7. No food or drink should be consumed as a part of the marriage or civil partnership ceremony unless required for the purposes of solemnisation.
8. Any children taking part in the wedding ceremony should only be held by their own parents or guardians.
9. Resuable books and items should be replaced by single sheet disposable versions.
10. Speeches should take place in well ventilated areas or outside.
What should I do if I am due to get married soon?
Well, you may decided to postpone the wedding rather than cancel it if you are concerned about the effects that any restrictions will have on your wedding. However, Dallas Limousines have so far provided transport to a small number of weddings and the atmosphere has been magical – there is certainly something about a small and intimate wedding, especially against the backdrop of a global pandemic, that makes it even more special.
You could decided to get married with a view to having a full social gathering once restrictions are over.
You can also make your wedding that extra bit special by ensuring that your day is extra special with a stunning limousine such as our Stretch Hummer, Rolls Royce Limousine or even a vintage car. The wedding may be small, but you can plan and dream big and make your day truly memorable by arriving in style.
Dallas Limousines has covid measures in place. All of our vehicles are thoroughly cleaned and our chauffeurs have a privacy screen and wear appropriate PPE.
Contact us for further details about your wedding in Leeds or Bradford – we are more than happy to advise and tailor our services for your intimate, magical and one in a lifetime wedding.